A fire broke out in a moving CNG autorickshaw in Sylhet city. On receiving the information, the fire service came and brought the fire under control. The accident took place on Monday (July 25) in the Madina Market area of the city.
Eyewitnesses said that the passenger auto-rickshaw (Sylhet Th 12-0043) caught fire on the way from Tukerbazar area to Ambarkhana near Shahjalalal Jameya of Madina Market area.
A fire incident occurred due to the short circuit of the two lines of the autorickshaw engine while it was moving. The driver and passengers got out of the car on seeing the fire and were unharmed. The car was engulfed in flames within minutes.
The telephone operator of Sylhet fire service Mamun confirming the matter and said that Sylhet fire service personnel reached the spot and brought the fire under control. However, before the fire was brought under control, the car was burnt to ashes.